Thursday, July 31, 2008

Catching Dreams...

I have discovered a new favorite song. One that stops me from breathing and simultaneously sends my heart in motion. The message is clear and is one we should embrace - yet sadly we often do not.
"One minute is fading, one minute has passed... but I've got this moment to make it all last. I'm standing before you taking my chance on everything I never though I could be... because you can do almost anything...if you just believe. You can move mountains with dreams. The higher you climb, the better it gets. Because you will see things you'll never forget."

~Suize McNeil "Believe"


What powerful words. While I listen I close my eyes and my heart's dreams fill my mind's eye. It is amazing how this happens - how music can draw up such feelings.


As I sit with the sun warming every part of me, I think about dreams. Sometimes we have the courage to dream, yet lack the commitment to take steps to make them happen. At other times our spirits are filled with such sadness and disappointment in ourselves that we forget how to dream. The teacher inside me desires to guide these individuals and teach them to once again be led by their deepest desires. However, dreaming is such an individual experience. No one can see your inner thoughts and dreams... I believe that is what makes them so precious.


In a course I took recently, they challenge each individual to develop a purpose, using words and actions that are of personal value. In doing so you create a guidepost to direct your lifestyle. At the completion of the course my purpose was... "To inspire others to smile, dream, and live with passion." In other words, I may not be able to teach someone to dream - but hopefully I am able to inspire them to dream by the way I chose to live and dream myself.


No comments: